Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome To My Latest Brain Child

I am tired of watching jobs either being moved to other countries or in some cases, offered lower then livable wages in order to keep their jobs. My intention is to not save the world but educate and inform anyone who wants to listen how we can help change things in this country to make a better life for us all. I will try to update this blog with updates on issues that are relevant to what is going on whether it's positive or negative but I would love to try and post more positives when I see them. I will have links to websites that I think can help as well.

Before you blame me saying it's my fault because I am uneducated or excuse it because other people in other countries need jobs too, realize many of the unemployed do include people with college degrees and my job helps the local economy in many ways. For instance, I can't spend money in local businesses if I am not making money which means when many like me are without jobs, that business will be forced to close as well. Make no mistake about it, this impacts everyone whether you have felt yet or not.

I don't have a degree but I spent four years in the Army before leaving with an honorable discharge and finding work. I like being able to work and earn a living for my family even if it means long hours and leaving sore because I have pride in my work. I don't need to be rich but I like being able to pay for my daughter to go to college, my son to have school clothes and all of us to have a roof over our heads, food and some nice things occasionally. Together whether it's writing our politicians and newspapers or whatever it takes, I think we can make a difference for our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment